Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > General Forums > Garage - Member's Fit

Garage - Member's Fit Post picture of your Honda Fit!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:36 PM

Davo is on a distinguished road
Default Factory service manual

Hello again everyone,

I would like to know if the quality of the Factory service manual for the Honda Fit made it worth buying. There was some criticism of the 2009 CR-V manual so I'm wondering if the 2010 Fit Manual is well written with lots of photograph's exploded drawings, etc. Any good sources where I could order the manual for a good price?

Btw, the knock on the CR-V manual was that it was so much text, and so light on graphics, that a weekend mechanic who was visually oriented might have a hard time with it. This feeling was shared by several posters on the CR-V Owners Club site. I assume that they were comparing that manual to those for other cars.

Davo
Old 01-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Service manuals aren't directed at "Weekend mechanics" they are made for Honda Repair technicians who use the manuals for their living. Are you saying that Fit owners are so intellectually challenged that they need photos in a comic book format to be able to understand it.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:07 PM

macbuddy will become famous soon enoughmacbuddy will become famous soon enough

I have the GD3 Factory Service Manual and it has helped me out several times in the past 3 years, and I am not a certified Honda Repair Technician.
Perhaps manxman can chime in as he has used both GD and GE repair manuals.
-macbuddy-
PS- hey claymore, are you insinuating that I am not intellectually challenged?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Administrator

No you aren't. you seem to have no problem reading and comprehending what is written without added photos.

But those manuals are so simple anybody that can't read them and figure out what they are reading should not be working on vehicles
Old 01-15-2010, 08:46 AM
manxman

I gave macbuddy my old factory manual for his GD3 after my GD3 was wrecked. The big difference between the '09-10 manual and the earlier one is that there is no index in the back of the book, and the table of contents in the front of the book is so broad in system categories, you just about have to guess correctly at what chapter the info. and parts that you want will be found in, and then read through the entire chapter until you stumble upon the dicussion of your particular problem.

For a GD, if you wanted to find "headlight", that word, or "Lighting" would be in the index with a page number that would take you right to the info you wanted. Now, you have to find "Body Electrical" in the table of contents, go to the table of contents for that chapter, which may be two entire pages of info just to find "lighting" and then have to read page after page until you get to "Headlights". The VSA system is mixes up with the brakes info, and that chapter has about 200 pages. This book is newsprint, and about the size of a major metropolitan phone book.

By comparison with the earlier Fit manual, I really dislike the lack of organization of this one. HOWEVER- it is much better than nothing, and you should have it if you intend to do any maintenance or mods.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:09 PM

Davo is on a distinguished road
Default text

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymore View Post
Are you saying that Fit owners are so intellectually challenged that they need photos in a comic book format to be able to understand it.
Actually, I thought I was saying that I need the comic book format..

David
Old 04-06-2011, 08:32 PM

grant22 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone here have a good source where I can buy a PDF or other repair/service manual for a 2011 Fit?

THX
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Administrator

The company "Helms" makes a lot of different manuals and they are full of info. Not sure if they have PDF manuals.