Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > General Forums > The Newbie Forum

The Newbie Forum New to Honda Fit Forums??? Introduce yourself here!

Old 08-17-2012, 07:41 AM

OTECTom is on a distinguished road
Default New to the Honda world

Hello all, my name is Tom (big surprise) and I'm new to the whole Honda scene. My wife and I just purchased a red 2007 Fit sport (it's hers really, but I drive it sometimes) with about 85,000 miles on it for $9,500. We had a stuttering issue at first, but the dealership warranty covered it (turned out to be a faulty ignition coil), and we've had no issues since. My wife absolutely loves the car, and I am fairly impressed as well. We have been using it lately to move and have had zero issues packing huge amounts of utter crap into the back of it.

I can be a bit of a post whore, so I decided I had better join a few Fit forums and see what everyone else in the Honda Fit world thinks of/is doing with their cars.

I will have some pics in the near future, but for now just close your eyes and imagine a bone stock red 2007 Fit Sport, and you're really close.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:33 AM

EXWRX is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Fit ownership! Is it a manual or automatic? There are a few potential mods that I can recommend.(If you're interested)
The Progress rear sway bar makes the car handle much more neutrally with almost no degradation in ride quality and makes the car less susceptible to crosswinds.
The Zeta products dead pedal. A nice place to rest your left foot on longer drives.
The PRM intake increases top end power, but also increases noise. Up to you if that is a good thing.
The Mugen visors allow you to crack your windows when parked, thus keeping the car cooler. They also allow you to open them slightly in the rain without getting water inside.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Thanks!
Our Fit is an automatic, but being the Sport model we get flappy paddle shifters, which seem to work fairly well.

I want to mod the Fit, but being my wife's car it will probably be mild. We bought it with the side rear windows tinted, but the hatch window and front side windows are not (tinting front windows in NJ is illegal). The strut tower bar sounds like a good idea, but is there a way to easily remove it when you need to make use of the cargo area? Intake might be a good idea as well, the car is already so quiet that I can't imagine a little bit of engine noise being a problem. The dead pedal sounds like a must, do you have a link to a good place to buy one? The visors were my first suggestions to my wife. They're super practical (we're smokers), but my wife for some reason doesn't like them.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:16 PM

The rear sway bar is mounted under the car, not in the cargo area, so no interference with the load capacity at all.
http://www.newedgeperformance.com/pr...8hondafit.aspx
The dead pedal is here
http://www.zetaproducts.net/07-08hon...deadpedal.aspx
There is also the non mugen OEM visors for a less aggressive appearance.
http://www.advancespeedshop.com/auth...3-p-15802.html
(not sure if that is the best price for them as I haven't really shopped for them, but you can at least see if she likes them)
I suggest to stay away from the auto ventshade ones as their fitment for the Fit is substandard from what I've heard from several forum members.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:58 PM

Ok first I feel like an idiot, I know the difference between a sway bar and a strut tower bar, no idea why I confused the two while posting tho, I swear I'm no n00b. I am however posting from work, so that may explain it .

I will definitely show her those ventshades, they look pretty nice, and I really like the dead pedal! Thanks for the tips!!
Old 08-17-2012, 04:19 PM

Happy to help out.
I've done my share of misreading/misunderstanding stuff or explaining backwards.
Hope you enjoy both enjoy the heck outta your Fit
Old 08-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Welcome to our site. Good choice on the buy. We can use some posts around here so feel free to fire away.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:01 PM

Will do, I got a few pics of the Fit this weekend. I will post process and share them through the week.