Honda Fit Forums  

Go Back   Honda Fit Forums > General Forums > The Newbie Forum

The Newbie Forum New to Honda Fit Forums??? Introduce yourself here!

Old 12-04-2013, 06:52 AM

Waldo is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie

Hi guys and gals. I'm not only new to the forum, but a new Fit owner as well. I had hoped to find a home like we have over at geometroforum.com. It looks a little slow since I've been here a few days, but that may be normal for a relatively new vehicle compared to the support needed to keep the old Metro's going.

About Me:

I owned a new 1988 Chevrolet Sprint which I purchased because it was cheap. Turns out that it gave me 54-57 mpg. I drove the car for 116k miles, sold it, and have been kicking myself ever since gas prices hit that $3 plus mark.

I purchased a used 1998 Chevrolet Metro last year, hoping to get 50+ mpg again. I managed to squeeze 52 mpg out of it during the summer months, and 44 mpg during the winter months. The car had 113k "neglected" miles on it when I purchased it. I drove it for 17k miles and realized that it was just wore slap out from lack of maintenance. Which brings me to my decision to purchase the Fit.

I purchased a new 2013 Honda Fit Base w/AT. I use a Scangauge 2 which connects to the OBDII port and gives much desired information for obtaining better mpg. I'm on my 3rd tank of fuel and am averaging 40.1 mpg. YES, this is REAL mpg, the dash readout is indicating 44.4 mpg which isn't accurate at all. I drive rural back streets to work at 28 miles each way, usually around 50 mph.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here, and hope that the volume of post pick up a little bit. lol
Old 12-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

That is great mileage for a new Fit. You should know that normally as you get to around 5,000 miles the mileage keeps getting better and better.

Things are slow at most Fit sites and sections now that they have been on the scene for some time now. Back when they first came to the USA things were very busy.

So how is the motorcycle doing still like it?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 AM

Yeah, I notice that the mileage is steady getting better and better. I expect it to jump up a few more mpg once summer gas gets here. I guess that I should also mention that I only use 100% pure gasoline, no Ethanol in my Fit. lol

Motorcycle?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Administrator

claymore is on a distinguished road

Sorry wrong new member.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:49 AM

That's ok, I thought that I missed something :-)

I used to ride a lot . . . I put over 150,000 miles on two Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and 15,000 on a Buell Blast. That Buell peaked out at 84 mpg ! ! !
All time best mpg was on a 200 mile trip at 65-70 mph which I managed to squeeze out 51.6 mpg

Last edited by Waldo; 02-04-2014 at 07:39 AM.