PDA

View Full Version : spoiler/ wing lift

MannyaK
03-15-2011, 04:08 PM
i know there was a thread about this on Fitfreak where the wing is lifted slightly but fitfreak just doesnt work for me at all so can anyone help me?

claymore
03-15-2011, 10:53 PM
What do you need to know? How to raise the spoiler?

MannyaK
03-16-2011, 06:24 PM
yea theres a write up that ive seen where the wing is lifted sligtly

claymore
03-16-2011, 08:55 PM
You just need to make some brackets as I haven't seen any for sale. Then you may have to fill or plug some of the bolt holes from the stock spoiler.

Lyon[Nightroad]
05-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Hi there, If you are refering to "Lyon's free spoiler mod", that would be mine. This is an incredibly simple mod, but is only confirmed to work for the GE. You simply remove your spoiler, remove the 4 plastic clips on the spoiler, replace them with 4 3/16s fine thread bolts with nuts. You slide the head of the bolts into the spoiler and thread the nuts about halfway down the thread. Then you install the spoiler, sliding the 4 bolts into the reciever clips in the hatch. The bolts will only slide in as far as the nuts are threaded. You lower and raise the spoiler by turning the nuts up or down. Once you have found a height you are happy with, simply tighten the 2 oem 'main bolts' and you are good to go.